Military Brat Life is open almost any topic that involves Military Brats and the unique life they have.
We are especially interested in Military Brat experiences after WWII and non-fiction articles that are historical accounts, but as you can see from examples on the website, we publish on a wide range of topics.
- Encounters with new cultures
- Unlikely friendships
- Unusual or unforgettable places
- Dealing with the stress of parents being deployed
- Coping with frequent moves
- Finding old friends
- Leaving the Military Brats world for the “civilian” world
- How the Military Brat experience shaped your career path
- Living on and off base
- Military history as it affected Military Brats
- Dealing with multiple schools
- How a parent’s retirement affected you
- Making the decision to enter military service yourself
- Different experiences with food in different countries
- Adapting to very different local customs and laws
- Military Brats who have also served our country by enlisting
- Reconnecting with “lost” friends
- Adjusting to “civilian” life
- Lessons you have learned from being a Military Brat
If you have published a book and would like to publish excerpts here, we will happy to consider your submission, provided you have permission from your publisher.
Ready to Become an Author?
Once you have been accecpted as an author, you can then submit work to Military Brat Life for consideration.